!! NEW PROGRAM !!
COVID-19 EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ERAP)
The Karuk Tribe Housing Authority (KTHA) is happy to announce that funding has been received to provide an Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) for the payment of rents and utilities, including past due amounts, to eligible households, who are experiencing financial hardships due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. This has been a financially difficult time for all of us, and KTHA is happy to help families get back on their feet!
1. Must have at least one household member who is an Enrolled Karuk Tribal Member or Descendant;
2. Must be a Renter (future assistance for homeowners may be coming soon, check our website);
3. Must have one or more household members who qualified for unemployment benefits, experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardships due to the Covid-19 pandemic;
4. Must have one or more household members who are at risk of homelessness or housing instability (ex; past due utility or rent notice, eviction notice, unsafe or unhealthy living conditions); AND
5. Must have a household income that is not more than 80% of the Individual Income Limits for your County/State of residence: https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il.html
For More Information: Contact Ashlee King at (530) 842-1644, Ext. 7003 or Email: ERAP@karuk.us
Applicants will be required to provide documentation of their Covid-19 Pandemic related financial hardship and other supporting information to determine eligibility before receiving assistance.
Click here for the ERAP Policy: Policy
Click here for the ERAP Application: Application